Sidang Itsbat for???

by - September 29, 2013

Since I was child, I've never felt strange with term  'sidang itsbat'. Really I know till now sidang itsbat always seems well-known mere on deciding when Ramadhan starting or ending. Somehow!

Sidang itsbat is a meeting that is held by religion ministry Indonesia which is attended by representative islamic mass organization to  make decision when the month hijriah are started.

What I'd like to discuss is limited on deciding Ramadhan and Idul Fitri because it has a lot of effect for Indonesian moslem to start and finish the requirement moslem people for fasting.

Generally sidang itsbat is started after maghrib to isya but the observation are begun since afternoon to see hilal eventually by using rukyatul hilal or hisab method. I always see news on TV that a lot of astronomers are gathered almost at side of beach around Indonesia to ensure hilal as proof getting new moon for the next month has appeared or not.
In Islam itself, there's a science about astral or usually we call it 'ilmu falak'. Yaa it same with astronomy literally.



What I confuse here are a lot. Since I was child till now also, I daze  what for sidang itsbat is? I know that it's for deciding when we have fasting or get idul fitri by observing moon to get the best proof that we can see in nature.
Government Indonesia always spend much money for holding sidang itsbat. So expensive merely for knowing the suitable date to have fasting and another goal to develop indonesian astronomers.
The question, why indonesian moslem still not believe with the deciding of sidang itsbat. Supposing last month for deciding first of  ramadhan, government via kemenag (abbreviation of religion ministry) hold observation around Indonesia and decide 10 july 2013 as 1 Ramadhan 1434H but still there instead a lot of group in Islam not believe with result of sidang itsbat. So they have fasting on 9 July 2013.
Is the result of sidang itsbat are false?
I don't know literally because I'm also not an astronomer to give you opinion scientifically. But as far as I see, from observation process till the execution of sidang itsbat. Those everyone are expert, seeing the participant of sidang itsbat, it's not mere attended by representative islamic groups but also LAPAN as space national institution is come for giving best result.
Is it lack of believing?
I don't understand why this also happen. Even though Indonesia is democratic country but here we're talking about Islam:deciding glory of Islam. As moslem, I want all of moslem people have unity, not stand just for importance their own organization.
I also disappoint seeing one of representative organization islam who didn't come to sidang itsbat on deciding last syawal because  they thought  having best calculation on deciding syawal so they not care and not appreciate what government deciding.

I embarass to see that case. I know Islam always uphold the unity, discussion and love scientific. Islam never uphold egoism. Islam also say that we must obey Allah, Rasulullah and government.
Oh, I can't say anything. They aren't wrong in  person because it's democratic country that they have freedom to choose and decide anything, but I do believe they're wrong to make everyone think Islam is not united religion because have feeling their organization is the best than any others.

Keep sidang itsbat, make a honour on its! Please!




You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram