Hobby: Reading (?)

by - August 11, 2014


If anybody gave question about “What’s your hobby?”
“I love reading” I answered

To be honest, I did not understand what’s the definition of hobby. I knew later that hobby is something which we habituate ourselves to do that kind of thing continually, there are no any imposing to do it, we fond it and we’re happy to do it.

I never guess that I had some kinda hobbies. I never do something continually. I am a type of euphoria people: Will do something exaggerately at the beginning and forget it after a-digit-times I did. Yes I’m easy to have bored, my daily activity will change rapidly (tapi tenang gue setia kok(eh(salah fokus))

I was messy if someone ask my hobby. I often hear that my another friend say if she loves swimming. There’s also love playing basketball or even painting. Really I do not have any good talent on sport and art.
Actually I want to have same answer, my hobby is swimming, but it seems too crazy admitting that hobby because I cannot swim :(( Soo I simply say that I love reading. Reading is easy, I ever did it (pastilah ya) and if someone loves reading, it shows that this kinda people is smart and diligent. Really I want to be called as the smartest one (haha(ketawa jahat))



As I remembered, I do not love spending my big part of time to read considering I was lazy dudee :( . I was not an avid reader. I did not know when I start reading moreover love reading thousand books. Let you follow my childhood:
Childhood is the begin of people starting their life. I don’t remeber perfectly about my childhood but Mama, the one who near to me, remember everything what I did since I was birth. Hahaha it’s exactly lah yaw, Mama is superwoman :))

Mama told me that I’m an avid book since I was baby and she calls me “book crazy lover”.
She told me that I able to read everything since I was 3.5 years. It’s also the reason I only got my kindergarten for a year while my friends got 2 years for their span in kindergarten. She said that I always curious to something, want to know everything even I did not know anything. Contoh mudah: I want to know every word that was written in the side of street and I succeed to read those.

I remember that I myself do love bookstore since I was child. I always choose  Gramedia bookstore on 2nd floor of Bintaro Plaza with my brother that join my parents went to go shopping in Supermarket. I did it every Saturday morning, going to mall but only visiting bookstore.

But  I insist that reading is not really my hobby because I choose to color a picture than spending time to read. Actually in Gramedia itself  35% I searched a book and 65% used to find art colour tools, drawing book and coloring book. I collected all kind of water colour, crayon, oil pastel, coloring book from many series (princess, barbie, tinkerbell, etc) so on and so forth. (Fact: Now I do not love art(agony))

About reading a book, I do love encyclopedia or story about fairy tales or even Prophet story for children. My first book that I had finished to read is Story of Nabi Adam. But I read it in the little part of my time.
That’s the big reason, I cannot call my hobby is reading at all.

Then Mama also told me that I love reading than playing with another friend. During my elementary school, I always read book at first, at the time I got lesson books from teachers at school. I could read all the books for every subject in a week. After that, I finished and close the book and open when I got study at school and every test I experienced. (type of euphoria gitu deh pokoknya)
I was not an avid reader really.

But now, I am used to changing all my activity. Since my level goes to senior high school. I put to make my self as an avid reader, I really do love reading. I cannot stop my self to read everything (exclude: Status temen gue di FB, SMS or chatting loh ya).

I perceive that reading is the reason I can get anything. I am who never get any external achievement, now I get to lift trophy in some competition. I did not know what kinda reason I change this mind but it’s worth, dude.

I feel satisfy reading for many hours in my bedroom or school library. I do love everything which make me know about this wonderful earth. I enjoy spending my whole time alone, only with my lovely book. I have heart not to pay attention to my mobile-phine while I always read those delightful non-fiction books.

Really, book make you know even you don’t go outside. Book make your speech will be logically and true. You will never afraid discussing something to anyone because you had ever read what material you’ll discuss. Book also make you happy even you don’t have any sweetheart hahaha.
That’s I am.
Believe it or not, you must believe that I proclaim myself to have hobby as reader habituation. I believe that I am treat to love reading even I try to leave it at the begin.

An Avid Reader,
S.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram