2019 Life Summary

by - December 31, 2019

This year was really hard for me as I had a lot of failure on 2018 which made me down and almost give up to go through this year. It made me not write any year-evaluation last year because nothing I could proud of. All of those anxiety also made me reluctant to write year-resolution in the beginning of 2019 because I did not believe in myself whether I could achieve dreams I grave in my mind, too impossible.

All the problem in the beginning of 2019 is still same, I was full of questions on how I should do to survive my new life in Japan as new marriage couple, without proper Japanese capability.

I could not work with my accounting bachelor degree
I could not pursue my master degree if I stuck with my dream to pursue master degree in accounting in Tokyo
I also still did not have any plan to build a real family (birth and grow child) in the near time
I did not know how my life could bring me. 2019 was really hard!

Actually in the end of last year, I have decided to jump on other field, throw away Accounting and adjust myself to other related business field degree which held in English, and close to my home in Tokyo. Nevertheless, I also stuck with my condition on how I still in far capacity with the requirement of my target university, I was really worst in preparing my GRE test. Moreover, I also still think deeply whether I should ask my husband to finance independently my master degree which it is sooo expensive (relatively to my financial capability and compare to Indonesia). That is why, I am not dare enough to set my resolution in the beginning of this year. 

I knew we should have navigation to achieve our dream, but I did not make it. I just kept all my dream on 2019 in the deepest of my heart, as I was very afraid to express it all. Too impossible in logic. But, I trust God to listen my whisper of dream and hope God can make it come true.

Please see what God had blessed for me this year. God always send love to people who loves Him too. Check this out.

1. Passed MIB Rikkyo University admission, start to become Japanese student

As I have told you, this is the achievement I really desire to. The only possible I can do without my Japanese proficiency and inline with my big dream to be lecturer someday (?). But, I did not have strength to make it true. I was nothing when I should start my whole new life in Tokyo. I was bad at math, but I should took GRE test (the craziest test I’ve ever taken). But alhamdulillah, I got the notification in the middle of June that I could start my master degree this year. Miracle, a poor girl from isolated area could continue her degree in one of top university in great country, Rikkyo University in Tokyo, Japan. Once again, alhamdulillah.


2. Got scholarship, even not fully-funded yet
As I’ve told you. Actually I ever told my self for not going to master degree if I did not get any scholarship (consider logic fact that I am just poor girl from isolated village). However, I am super lucky to have husband who supports me to apply the university, and he wanted to pay my first semester tuition fee. He is the one who believes me so much that I could get the scholarship after I enter university. Yes, he is true, only in the first semester, I received various scholarship which could cover 85% of my annual tuition fee. Well, now I also in final stage for getting the other full scholarship plus living allowance for my whole 2 years. Alhamdulillah. 



3. Serve my country’s need through becoming member of presidential and legislative election committee in Japan

Actually I am not super fans of democracy. I forget how was the fundamental background I challenged myself to apply as part of election committee member. Eventually, I jumped into the crazy workload in assisting Indonesian citizens living in Japan to get their right in voting their candidate of president and parliament. It became my first time not sleep until 35 hours in a day in my life history. But the experience was priceless, I met a lot of great people there, get along with other committee, and feel how satisfy to serve society with all of those annoying moment. Priceless!



4. Be part of pioneer in building Al-Qur’an learning center in Tokyo

It sounds great but actually I just become the first person who vigorously want to do volunteer in teaching Muslim children in Tokyo to read Al-Qur’an. Surely it is my big dream since I was child to be a teacher for children learning the holy Al-Qur'an. Then my dream comes true starting August this year by volunteering in TPA Masjid Nusantara Akihabara every Saturday. Again, priceless!





5. Manage bookkeeping of Kabukicho Mosque. Feel my accounting knowledge utilized well

Starting on August, I got trust from Kabukicho Mosque leader to manage financial stuff every week. It is really the first time for me to undergo all the accounting proceas from counting the money received, record spending,  and report to user in an institution. Not difficult, but I just find how my accounting knowledge can be useful for other people lives. Worth. At least there is some impact that matters I have made, right?



6.  Open my very first own business, ‘Jastip’

Lol. It was just a game though, until I perceive how I learnt a lot about business stuff from my random customer I met in social media. From Jastip, I saw the real phenomena how Indonesian are rich enough to purchase something I was thinking that is expensive and not important. I learnt a lot about promotion, negotiation, and other business practice during my 2 batches of opening order for those who need handcarry Japanese product every moment I come home to Indonesia. Learn a lot!


7.  Make My Parents to Apply for Hajj to Makkah
This could be said as one of big achievement in my life. Even though it considered late to enroll hajj in my parents' 50s ages, but better late than never, right? As a less financial capability family, go hajj to Mecca is just a dream which really difficult to be achieved, but I always believe that I can bring them there when I become adult someday. On fact, I am 22 right now, I did not even think that I have some amount of money on that age for enroll my parents go hajj before. Fortunately, from savings I collected from my part time teaching job in Japan, I could make it in the end of 2019, exactly 3 days ago. I feel blessed for this chance. Alhamdulillah. 





***



Hi 2019, I thought you would be the most difficult year I went through, but God blessings makes me can do a lot of things. From impossible in my definition, can be easy for God to make it.




Of course. right now, I still find a lot of problem due to my hard time in university, try to adaptation with Japan university life is my challenge now. However, every challenge I took, I would count it as steppingstone to be better result in the future. I believe. 




Thank you 2019. I am ready for facing more blessings from God on 2020 :)




Always believe,

Sintia

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram