My Revolution Plan for the Year

by - February 11, 2020

It has been February, but I realize that I did not write any plan, resolution, or even revolution to face the year.

I started my first day of the year in my lovely hometown, Malang. Cuddle with my old dolls at home, try to forget the first term of my master degree in Japan, and try not to remember that I would have examination period just after coming back to Tokyo.

Finally I am here. Sit under my kotatsu, no agenda at all for today, just try to lean myself to the idleness of life. However, I suddenly perceive that I should get up, stare the screen, I should decide what the next step I have to do.

I will have approximately two months spring holiday from campus. As a normal Sintia, I am trying not to let the time flies without any improvement to myself. I started my holiday by tidying up every corner in my house which I have neglected since my master degree stuff screwed up my day as a human. I start to open my dusty Japanese book, try to remember how to speak Japanese properly.

Now, let me share what I gonna do during the year to achieve my big goal in the future.
(Well, what is actually my big goal? I am not sure, either tho hiks)

Improve Japanese Proficiency
It is a must. Obligation. Requirement. I thought it should be embarrassed if I live in Japan but cannot speak Japanese well. Surely I will not live in this country forever, maybe I also have opportunity not to use Japanese and try to avoid contact with Japanese. But it will not be perfect for life if I let myself not adapt with my surroundings. I agree with a proverb who said "When in Rome, do as Romans", that is the reason why I struggle to learn Japanese with all one's might. Even I have a plan to return to Indonesia in a couple of years, I really still want to use the language for whole my life. In my deep heart, I love to contact with Japanese, some of their character and culture amaze me so much (will not describe here anymore tho).

Improve English Proficiency
I admit that I go to master degree held in English. I know I can understand what professor said, I also can express my opinion in the class. But I still feel not used to speak English properly. I still mix the pronunciation of my native language to English, makes it is not natural to talk. It makes me quite difficult to have natural conversation with my native English friend. I rarely use idiom and phrase when talking. It is so bad, Sintia. Ok. Let me improve my English, go on and on.
I will take my time, at least, once in a week to watch Hollywood movie. Hope I can do that!

Open news platform, and read at least one article everyday
It seems so easy, but to be honest, I am not type of person who utilize the idle time to open the news platform everyday. I prefer to tap Instagram story of my friend, instead of just read headline of news in some of online news website. It was so bad, guys!
I ride train everyday, and to reach university, at least I have 20 minutes idle time which I always use it as screen time. Despite utilizing them to be productive time, I just stare on the story of my Indonesian friend who looks happier than my life. Oh no, that is toxic. That is bad, Sintia!
By writing this article, I hope I can perceive how bad I was, and I should change to be better Sintia this year.
I am not going to decrease my screen time since I cannot relieve from addictive usage of smartphone, and  I believe smartphone is the best device to know more about world, like a traditional book.

Wake Up and Productive Early
It was really bad behavior after coming to Japan. Because of flexible time at kak Irfan's office, he always leave home at 10, while I also start my early class at 11, which means we leave home around 10 am. Yes, we are Moslem who should pray Shubuh before sunrise, whether we miss our on time praying, we always sleep after pray Shubuh, and get up around 8.30 to 9 am. My morning always messy, so busy to cook, prepare lunch box, and prepare ourselves for the activity. I never read book in the morning, while in Indonesia, I always use my early morning to be productive, instead of sleeping late like living here. I still remember how productive I was at my undergraduate life.
Well, I am trying to change the life to change myself. It was embarrassing to tell this fact, but I will never change if I did not realize that it is important thing to highlight and make them as revolution of the year

Conduct Research
It might be quite impossible for me since my master degree are by coursework, not by research. However, I really miss the research life. It was not good to impose ourselves to involve in research, since it can make us trump up the problem. However, I love the way to have critical thinking, write a lot, try to crave history, hope it can be useful for other person. Let me think what should I do. Hope I have the way.


Study, Study, Study.
I should always study more by reading or improving everything to be better person.
I know that Sintia was so bad after writing the article. Better late than never though to realize how to create step for better Sintia in the future.

Hope I will be success for my fundamental revolution of life.

Cheers,
S.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram