Lose to Defeat Ourselves

by - June 05, 2017

It is not an amazing thing to hear someone won in a competition, once or many times.  According to many competitions that held by universities, institutions, or government right now, it means a lot of people will have many chances to take the position as a winner. Even though there is one people who monopolize to win all competition in some subject, but I am sure the opportunity to win for any other people still open largely. So why sometimes we still cannot win in a competition?

The question now is about how strong the desire of us to achieve it?

As a dream achiever, I admit myself to never stop chasing the position as a winner in varsity competitions. We do not talk about how people will claim me as a limitless ambitious person, I just claim it as a color of my life. I just want to proclaim that I have failed many times more than how much I can conquer the competition and become a winner. The point is about how I tried many competitions for just getting the winner position. I am sure that I will never become a winner if the competition event in Indonesia is not much like now. For each competition that I passed as a loser  will be a great lesson for me to achieve more in the next occasion.

It happens really that I can win in a paper competition after I lose in 4 competitions in advance. It also happens to my accounting Olympiad how I can get my first trophy with my team after we had failed in our 3 competitions gradually. I plant it to my memory deeply how I will never become a winner if I stop joining competitions in my 2nd paper competition. It takes a long time after I can be a winner in my 4th semester although I start my competition in my 2nd semester. Did I ever feel give up for that? Of course!


I often had jealous with my friend who gets achievement in his first competition directly. I ever think to stop joining competition, especially after I fail 4 times in paper competition. I ever vacuum much to recover my spirit and then wake up to make better paper for I gave to some event. The result said that I just won in my 5th competition after all its exhausted. It also happens to my accounting Olympiad experience when my team failed in our 3rd competition, myself just kept thinking that my team will never conquer the competition forever. Who knows that God permit us to lift up the trophy proudly for our university in our 4th competition.

From what I have experienced, winning in a competition is not difficult if we still cheer up to have a stable spirit after we fell down. It just about how I defeat myself from a perception that will drop my dream to achieve something. Maybe it is so silly when I always contact people who I think can give me a way to be a success person like them. I still remember how I never shy for sending text clever people in my university that he didn’t know me for just asking him how to be the best writer by taking his paper and learnt much from him.

The reason I make this post is not about my desire to write in this lovely blog which I left for a long time. I write this after I feel so tragic to see many people who just want something high but they just keep in their comfort zone and never change to get what they want. They lose to defeat themselves for just waking up early from other friends and do productive action. They lose to defeat themselves for just managing time to do more voluntary amazing thing than just do required activity that another people do it in the same time as usual.

I write this post, it does not mean I am a successful person that deserves to be inspired. I just write what I have learnt from my long trip to achieve my dream during my campus life, no more. However I believe it will also happen to another dream that you and I want to achieve in the future long time. I also do not know how I still able focus in achieving my dream by controlling myself for doing many unproductive crazy things.

“Just never lose to defeat yourself. Be different to be an outstanding one”

My cheers,
S.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram