Anyer-Panarukan Great Post Road: The Prove of Colonialism

by - May 24, 2015


  1. What is the name of working that is made by Netherland colonialism? Answer: Rodi Working
  2. What is the name of general that’s lead Rodi Working? Answer: Daendels
  3. What is the program that’s made Indonesia must work hard to? Answer: Developing Java Great Post Road from Anyer—Panarukan that has long 1100 km, Constructing fortress for Netherland, etc.

Those questions will be asked to Indonesian student since they are in elementary school to senior high school in History subject. Moreover in the university level, it also impose student to answer those questions when they talk about Pendidikan Kewarganegaraan subject especially in chapter Wawasan Nusantara which student need to know history of the country to develop student’s insight in making policy if they are selected to be part of government.

Things that I’m very wonder is about developing of post road along north Java which has 1100 km. I don’t’ understand how Netherland has idea to make it. I am grateful that Netherland has starting idea about make the post road even though the implementation was done by Indonesian with highly painful. However big post road that Indonesian nowadays call it Jalur Pantura (Pantai Utara) or mean post road that across on the north java from the east to the west one is the prove of colonialism that has a lot of function for Indonesian which we can enjoy the benefit until now.

Jalur Pantura can be called as the crowded road in Java, it can be a connection from Jakarta as the central city to all city in Java Island which is Indonesian main island. Jalur Pantura is always loaded by truck that brings goods and distribute to all Java place and the transportation when people do urbanization from their village to Jakarta. Needless to say it will be the reason that ‘Id Mubarak will always make Jalur Pantura is loaded by transportation.

I want to emphasize you that Jalur Pantura is functioned for a lot of people in Indonesia especially for Java as main island of Indonesia. It will ease the distribution of goods around Java and mobility of people, as I’ve told you before.

Oh I talked too much. However I want to tell you that on April 29th, 2015 would be the time which I can pass all the noble jalur pantura with its excited history. I ever went to the end of west jalur Pantura that is Anyer when I was in elementary school joining my father’s vacation in his office. I also often went home to Malang from Jakarta across all way of Jalur Pantura from Jakarta to Pasuruan. And last day, I went to the end of east Jalur Pantura when I had an opportunity to delegates on Student Conference which place in Denpasar.

Oh it will be great appreciation for my life to have ever spent every miles of the post road that spanned from Anyer to Panarukan.

Oh Jalur Pantura, I’m so grateful to have you. Thank you great past Indonesian who has heart to be tortured by colonialism! You are not useless, everyone grate you!

Traveller,
S.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram