Thought: One-Way Policy

by - October 23, 2014

As a tenant of boarding house in Jl. Mayjend Pandjaitan, kota Malang. I know more about every regulation that Satuan Lalu Lintas (Satlantas) makes and changes regulation about how many way that Jl. Mayjend Pandjaitan gonna have.

When I just lived here, this way used one way for 06.00-18.00, more than 18.00 everyone can use the way in two sides but it changes now when Satlantas announce that Jl. Mayjend Pandjaitan would be using in one-way for 24 hours: Satlantas do one-way policy along Jl. MT. Haryono to Jl. Mayjend Pandjaitan.

Do you know what society's response?
CULTURAL SHOCK.
Yes, that will happen to every case when society get some new regulation. They have not habituated at first so it surely brings contra side from society. We can see this problem when government made revolution from kerosine to LPG, decrease fuel subsidy, changing the route of transportation, and many others policy.

This also happen to the one-way policy in Jl. Mayjend Pandjaitan (spesifically). Some non-government organization, student-college organization and society in side of the way did demonstration. For a day when demonstration directed, Jl. Mayjend Pandjaitan was blocked, made a great traffic jam, made people wait for a long time to arrive to its destiny because of its traffic jam, and made boulevard in my college, Universitas Brawijaya, become an alternative way: Brawijaya jadi ramai kendaraan umum euy.
You know what more? They do demonstration twice in this week. Miris deh, warung makanan langgananku jadi tutup deh, ayah ga bisa nganterin aku balik ke kosan pas depan gerbang kosan :( *FORGET IT.

I personally believe satlantas have its own reason to do this. I can guess that satlantas want to decrease the density of vehicles, and it’s really main reason because the center of vehicles density from Dinoyo-Jl. Soekarno Hatta-…… (ga gitu ngerti jalan gueh). I experienced when two-way was implemented. Traffic jam could not be avoided. Traffic light did not function at all because of its density. T-intersection was very crowded. The situation was very messy in the evening. I as the penghuni kos feel uncomfortable at all because of that messy situation.
You must know the density end when satlantas announced one-way policy. I feel calm in the street in front of my boarding house.

Maybe my opinion comes because I'm not user of vehicle, I only think about wether my surrounding is comfortable or not. And…. I still able to pass the way in two-way without any obstacle from the regulation, so it doesn't matter for me hahaha, it’s sure because I’m walker :D
I know this regulation makes someone must drive further to arrive to its destiny moreover for people lives in the end of Jl. Mayjend Pandjaitan who want to go to reverse place such as Brawijaya University. He/she must drive further, muter jalan  to reach its destiny while it’s so near if two-way policy will have implemented. This effect automatically spent more fuel and also more budget to vehicles because of prolonging the trip. I know that feel, jleb banget to spend money more than usual kan.
Oh yeah this problem is so complicated. You want to decrease the level of traffic jam or make an efficiency for countless society.
I'm sure that making one-way for 12 hours is the answer. Government want to make society feel happy, right? And I do believe our society whom majority as vehicles users will satisfy to half of time to be more efficient event we must face traffic jam last.

Two demonstrations happening recently (in a week) is not answered by satlantas. I hear that there will be another demonstration and will have been bigger than before. Jl. Mayjend Pandjaitan will be blocked again, wow gampang nyebrang neh *plakk


Here I have an  idea for you who still confuse with one-way or two-way policy: keep calm be a walker like me ajah :***

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram