Diamond of My Ramadhan

by - July 20, 2015



Every moslem will happy facing Ramadhan, include I am as a moslem from Indonesia

I’m happy with Ramadhan 1436 H, very happy, beyond the expectation :)

My 1st Ramadhan was spent in my boarding house because I had last exam in college. I do shalat tarawih with my friend in college mosque, Masjid Raden Patah, with 8 raka’at and long khotbah. 1st Ramadhan was the last day of my first week exam, then I went home to spend my fasting with family and follow all regulation in home.

As a part of family Al-Rahbini, I need to join all regulation inside moreover my father is one of committee there. Yes, I must break fasting and shalat tarawih in Yayasan Sosial Islam dan Pendidikan Syekh Ali Al-Rahbini (YASIRA), one of foundation that my family made for social orientation.  I found news that YASIRA will invite one of hafidz Al-Qur’an from Mecca Al-Mukarramah, Saudi Arabia to be Imam every sholat including sholat tarawih with half juz a day. He is also the 1st winner of Mutsabaqah Hafidzul Qur’an in Saudi Arabia. Oh no!!!
It will spend long time to sholat, seriously!  I am lazy guys, really!

In my 1st break fasting, I went to YASIRA. There was someone told in front of people in Al-Rahbini mosque with Arabic. I guessed he read a chain of pray for us, I ask to my mother,
“Where’s Imam from Mecca that’s invited by YASIRA, mom? “
“Someone do khutbah in front of you is him, Sintia!”
Oh hey actually he did khotbah in front of me, I didn’t understand what he said really. *sumpah malu, I’m too silly yaaa :(((

He is from Saudi Arabia, but he doesn’t have pointed nose, cat eyes, and everything like Caucasoid racial that’s in my fantasy since some days ago. Here he is:

His name is Abdul Basith. As I’ve told you . He is also the 1st winner of Mutsabaqah Hafidzul Qur’an in Saudi Arabia for 30 Juz category. He is also win in another competition of Hafidzul Qur’an. Another superior of him, he had been Imam Tarawih in some mosque in Saudi Arabia for this following 5 years, with 1 juz a day exactly. By the way, I know all the information from data in my father’s laptop hahaha


He finished to memorize all verse of Al-Qur’an in his 12 years old (very young :’’). Now, he studies at Umm Al-Qura University which is one of the best university in Saudi Arabia. He told my father that he wants to get education as high as possible.  Yes, it’s one of reason to be pride of because as I know in my surroundings, being  hafidzul Qur’an will sacrifice time going to school moreover get a lot of title in bachelor or even postgraduate. FYI, he inherits Indonesian blood, his ancestor comes from Madura Island but he was born and had grown up in Saudi Arabia. It may reason why he doesn’t have characteristic like Caucasoid racial.

Back to my story.
He is firstly being Imam for me in Shalat Maghrib 2nd Ramadhan, I trembled to hear his voice in reciting verses of Al-Qur’an.  I admit that he has good voice and fluent to recite Al-Qur’an (sumpah pokoknya keren banget, mungkin karena dia orang Arab juga kali ya makanya makhrajnya tepat banget). He recite it slowly, with his best style of tartil, I can imagine how he loves doing shalat in his way to communicate with Allah. He made me spellbound, seriously!
He also made me desire going to Mecca to Umrah or Hajj as soon as possible. I believe all Imam in Mecca is like him. I want to go there, yaa Allah! Ease me!

FYI, I dropped my tear when I did sholat tarawih with him, it is caused (1) I did affected with his voice when he recited verse to verse of Al-Qur’an: carefully, slowly, beautifully, clearly, meaningful. PERFECT! (2) I perceive that I had made mistake not to spend my time to memorize Al-Qur’an like he do, I am sure Allah loves him so much by his loveliness to Al-Qur’an, and (3) His slowness will bring Shalat Tarawih longer than other hahahaha.(Prove: mosque near YASIRA has finished Shalat Isya, 20 rakaah of Tarawih, and Witir in our 3 times of sholat tarawih. Heyyy you can imagine by yourself how long we did it -.-)

I feel happy to face Ramadhan with him. It’s my pleasure to have ever communicate with him even with less 3 words. I had ever sat in front of mushalla and he sat behind me. I found someone told something behind me which I did not understand in advance. He said “Kabar?” to me twice without question word. I smiled and told him “Baik”. Full stop. We had gone. Funny. Amazed. And is not outstanding actually hahahaha but I want to talk with amazing people like him again, God!

Epilogue:
Actually it’s not love story or kinda romance. It’s about message from experience spending Ramadhan with him. I perceive that shalat is not only to fulfill obligation in our day. It’s about awareness that communicating with Allah in Shalat by reciting Al-Qur’an beautifully will bring to the real communication which blows you to real steady zone. It’s also about consciousness that spending our life without any attempt to memorize Al-Qur’an is paralyzing your life.

26th Ramadhan will be the last day for me to meet him. He has gone to another part of this earth by the day. I do not hope to meet him once in my life. Wish I find and being his ma’mum again though in obscurity!

Ramadhan Lovers,
S.

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram