Love Letter

by - July 09, 2014


Modern era: Everything will be easier. You don’t need to say missing someone and await him/her to reply till many days, weeks or months indeed. But your yearning could be replied a micro second.

Me             : Send me a letter!
Someone  : Do we have easy  communication to communicate each other easily?
Me          : Yes, we do. But I love a letter.

I had never taught to love sending a letter via PT. Pos Indonesia. There are no any culture who force me to communicate someone by writing. I recognize this world (sending letter via pos) because of my lovely kid magazine.
I love reading since I was child. My parents supported me to read everything and especially they made me subscribe Majalah Bobo every Thursday. It is one of popular and prestigious magazine in Indonesia for children. Even I often bought another child magazine such as Kreatif or Bravo. Yang lainnya beli karena suka hadiahnya hahaha.

Bobo told me everything. I got a lot of knowledge from its, especially that I want to discuss; Bobo always held a lot of event to get some gift like free Barbie Mariposa, merchandise Bobo or many other. Because I love free, I often join the event and want it to or not, I must send the answer of the question to get that prize by sending postcard. Yes, it is the first experienced I often visited PT. Pos Indonesia. You know, I never win tauuuk :((
Bobo also recognize me with the term sapen (sahabat pena/penpals), but I never join it because I was reluctant to write and I regretted not to do sapen till now. I don’t have any remembrance.


Now I want to back to my past childhood. I want  to receive letter and send a letter. I began it in my first secondary school when I must moved from Tangerang to Malang. I made my friend send me a letter and they sent it to my dorm  in Malang. Yes, I still keep  it till now. I can erase my yearn by looking at their original hand-written that actually it showed they were very very missing me.

You yourself know lah that sending a letter is not easy as well. You know that writing by your hand is not easy like you push your keyboard in handpone and you must buy stamp Rp 2000,-, you must go to a post office which is far from your house and you must wait for a long to make your letter send to your friend, it will be longer also when you wait his/her feedback.

Yes, because its uneasy process. I am used to loving sending letter. I tribute those who have big effort to send a letter. Don’t you think that you are lovable ;;)

Sending a letter also means how you try to culturalize a written-culture. I always tell you that history is made by writing and I emphasize that it made by hand-written. You will be longer to save it in your cupboard. Even I know that you still able to save every message in your handphone when you got chat or SMS but it’s totally different because it’s not original as well.

For you who ever receive a letter, you will feel  the presence of someone when you hold the same letter and read the real letter from him/her.

Reason I love sending letter also come when I was reading a newspaper which gave information that PT. Pos Indonesia got loss or even decreasing value for stock in Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX). You definitely know the reason that society hardly come to post office to organize something. Everyone able to do anything by theirselves house. Even you still find post office in village seem noise to organize Western Union or pay house electricity. However, I insist not to make PT. Pos Indonesia had bancrupt hahaha *mekso*

However, I love letter. Send  and receive a letter via PT. Pos Indonesia. Let to be my Sahabat Pena!

Culturalize your hand-written mail! 

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram